ROLE: Oversees the development of the vision and strategy and monitors their implementation
- Contributes to and approves strategic documents before dissemination
- Suggests coordination and collaboration in specific areas of research
- Proposes the constitution of Expert Working Groups in its area of expertise and reviews their outputs
- Provides updates on national research efforts relevant to the Wheat Initiative
- Two representatives (leading scientists) from each Member of the Wheat Initiative
- The representatives appointment duration is of three years (renewable)
- The members represent the collective view of wheat researchers for their country, company or international research centre.