We are looking for the Wheat Initiative based in Berlin-Dahlem
Office assistant (f/m, with good English and German skills)
starting on the 15th February 2019 and for a period of up to four years (31st December 2022).
The office assistant will support the Program Manager in the day-to-day operation of the Sec-retariat to facilitate the work of the Committees and Expert Working Groups. He/she will report to the Program Manager. While he/she will work in the Secretariat based in Berlin, occasional travel may be required to attend international events and workshops.
- general secretarial and office duties including handling correspondence, booking and managing appointment and filing;
- monitoring finances including reconciliation of budgets, and dealing with travel and other reimbursements;
- creating reports, agendas, and meeting minutes by bullet points;
- reception and assistance for visitors;
- translation of texts (German-English, English-German);
- liaison with other administrative and support groups and colleagues in the JKI; general support and interaction with colleagues in the JKI;
- assistance and support in the planning of events.
- formal qualifications as office assistant, management assistant for office communication, business assistant, foreign language secretary or equivalent;
- practical experiences secretarial work and management;
- an excellent written and oral command of English and German;
- good general knowledge, polite, friendly and open personality;
- able to work well as part of team and willingness to support others;
- good knowledge and experience in the use office computing (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, e-mailing and general internet use).
- a full-time employment with 39,0 hours a week. Generally, various forms of part-time employment are possible. The employment contract will be based on the collective agreement for the public service in Germany (TVöD).
- a remuneration according to salary group E 6 TVöD, provided that the successful appli-cant meets the required qualification and personal specification.
In case of equal qualification, applicants with disabilities will be specially considered. Only a minimum of physical fitness is required.
The Julius Kühn-Institut is committed to gender equality in the workplace.
In order to support the reconciliation of work and family, the Julius Kühn-Institut offers flexible working time models within the scope of employment opportunities.
We invite qualified applicants to submit their complete application in English under the Refer-ence No. B-WI-VZ 01/18 by 10th January 2019 to:
Julius Kühn-Institut (JKI)
Bundesforschungsinstitut für Kulturpflanzen
Applications must be submitted in writing not via e-mail.
For further information please call +49(0)30 83042605 (Dr. Alisa-Naomi Sieber) or send an e-mail to alisa.sieber(at)julius-kuehn(dot)de